Yesterday, Scholastic posted this image on facebook from the Crown Publishing Group and I was charmed. I love the idea of a sign post like this in my garden. The post then asked if there were any literary destinations that we would add. Of course there are! Here are some things I would add to my sign:
1. Wonderland, instead of Neverland (never been much of a fan of Peter Pan, but I am a BIG Alice geek).
2. Green Gables. Who doesn’t want to go there?
3. The Secret Garden (though why would you have a sign if it is secret?).
4. Pemberley. I may take this road more often than others, excepting perhaps the next one…
5. Jurisfiction. Have you read Jasper Fforde? If not, you should. (There’s a new Thursday Next book coming out this year–it’s out now in the UK, but we have to wait a few months here in the US.)
What would you have on your sign post?